What I do and my thoughts on what UX is really about

I am an usability coach. Meaning I do not UX things, but guide for others to do it. (Teach the person to fish, et cetera)

But mostly I am an explorer and researcher of human behaviour, why we do the things we do, why we think the things we think, why we use the stuff we use (and how we do it) and why language and communication is key to building better products, and building culture in the end.

But pertinent to UX:

While "doing"usability, human behaviour is core.

Some things are pretty, fashion-oriented, complicated (can be fun, right?) and seem practical -but of course, the key is seem-, they are not practical at all.

My new microwave has ten buttons (mostly programs for heating pizza, potatoes, soup, defrosting...) but no button for time programming. For me, this is bad UX, and not just that, it's not the ok, it's hard to use, but after you get the hang of it... There should not be getting the hang of it: it should be simple and usable. That's it. I don´t want to read a manual. I hate the damned thing. 

Just as usability is core in human behaviour, so is impatience.

UX wants people to use things, and then buy them because they are simple, usable and well built, not because they're in.

UX designs for people, not for business models

Comments

  1. Hola. Quiero motivarte a seguir escribiendo. En esta página encontrarás más de 50 revistas y catálogos de Antropología y Ciencias Sociales, dale "seguir":
    https://antropologia-ccss.blogspot.pe/p/blog-page.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome post and something about me